Wednesday, November 12, 2008

my birthday


here are some more pictures of the pretty leaves i took while i was roller blading around the henry ford estate. and i submit that the site of a pregnant woman on roller blades is a bit ridiculous. but don't worry, i only fell once. thankfully, i have over come my childhood tendency to fall on my head, thanks to the lessons my mother gave me on how God gave me arms/hands so i could protect my face, and was able to put my hands down and saved us both:) the leaves are all about gone now, but they really were pretty. the red ones are at the church, and the trees there really have brilliant color (our camera does not do it justice). they look like they are on fire. and yes, that is SNOW! it snowed on monday, the start of our long winter... heaven help me.














last week was my birthday. i worked... boo, but it was a pretty good day. tyrell made me breakfast, dropped me off at work and picked me up in his new fancy car (he finally got to trial a car from work and we sat and played with all the new features of the lincoln). but the whole way home he kept saying, "i tried to be a good husband." and when i asked why he was saying that, he would just repeat, "i tried to be a good husband." so when we got home the house smelled a little funny (well funnier than it usually does). i asked what it was. he then told me that he was trying to have dinner ready when i got home and a cake made (a kind gesture seeing that tyrell hates to cook), but there was a mishap. we listen to the radio in the kitchen and while it usually lives on top of the fridge, it had been sitting on the stove for a week or so on the back burner (i would not recommend this). so when he was trying to heat up the front burner, he accidentally turned the wrong dial and turned on the back burner. i only wish that i could have been there when he realized he was cooking the radio (due to the large amount of smoke produced by burning plastic), picked it up in a state of panic, ran around the house with it in his hands, yelling, trying to decide what he should do with it :) hilarious. so here is the damage, but hey, it still works.
tyrell was still able to make me dinner and a beautiful german chocolate cake with homemade frosting and everything. thanks ty!

11 comments:

Alyssa said...

Jordan--of course we didn't forget you! Michigan--yikes! We did a year in Rochester, NY and braved the snow...we are VERY grateful to be in warm weather again! Congratulations and Congratulations (on getting married, and having a baby) :)

Rachelle and sometimes Katelyn said...

So sweet!!! Husbands are the best!! Good job Ty for making dinner and a cake from scratch, your awesome. Thanks for being so sweet to my wonderful cousin. Happy belated Birthday Jordan. :)

Burdett Family said...

Thatis Halarious. Happy Birthday.

Summers Family said...

Wow! Tyrell can cook? All those years at R&R must have paid off! Happy Birthday!

THE SMITH FAMILY said...

happy birthday!!!
I love it!! What a great story I laughed a ton! You are the best Sorry I missed your b-day...when is it?? I had no idea it was coming up!! SORRY!! We miss you guys and love that your radio still works!

Marisa said...

yeah happy birthday. it is so fun to hear from you guys. your stories are great. sometimes a little to familiar.

Emily said...

Hi!! I'm so happy that you found my family blog, yea! And you live in Michigan too...yes, my hubby is from there. He grew up in a place called Romeo, it's by Lake Orion...an hour north of Detroit. So good to see you.

Andy and Michele said...

Hey Jordan! When are you guys coming? We will be in Pima, so you better stop by one of the days you're in town! Andy loves reading your blog bytheway, he loves laughing at Ty!

Mauri said...

googala schmoogala...
I didn't even know you had a blog, I saw some one got on mine from the link on yours....ok long story short...I'M EXCITED since we never talk anymore, I can at least keep up with you on your blog.
That radio on the stove was worse than our bread bag on the toaster oven. should I ask if it still works? Wish I could have been at your baby shower. MISS YOU

Anonymous said...

That is so cute-good job Tyrel I didn't know you had it in you, and I love the colors around there. Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Hey Happy b-day and congrats on the baby boy. I just heard you were expecting. I hope you don't mind if I add your blog to mine. Feel free to look at mine anytime.
Siboney