Monday, April 13, 2009

we got robbed

carter had his first easter! we colored eggs on saturday and went to the park to play catch and hit softballs. we hit grounders and fly balls for the other to field, for as long as carter would sit quietly in his stroller (not that long). but after ward i told tyrell that i could not believe how slow i had become (this reality was manifested by my inability to get under any fly balls that were not hit directly to me). he confirmed that "yep, you are pretty slow." well, i suppose this honest statement should be motivation to stop eating the moose tracks and rice crispy treats and start getting some strength and stamina back.








on sunday, the easter bunny found us and we also went to our friends house for easter dinner. i had the assignment to make salad and a dessert. so i made the salad and decided to make chocolate covered brownies for dessert. i made the brownies and once they were done baking, i needed them to cool. since it was 40 degrees outside, i decided to put it out on the ledge by our front door. when i went back to check on them, i found that i was being robbed. and i caught them red handed. i opened the door, he paused with a piece of brownie in his mouth, we made eye contact, and he and his little feathered accomplice ran for it. well... at least i got a good look at him, and i think i could pick him out of a line-up if i had to. i suppose it is just another lesson learned the hard way; squirrels can not be trusted. so much for easter brownies.

carter has been working on a few skills lately. his piano lessons with mom are coming along nicely. and most importantly, his circus routine with dad is nearing perfection. watch out barnum and bailey.





8 comments:

THE SMITH FAMILY said...

Absolutely adoreable! I love the way you tell stories...I always feel like I am right there as things are happening!
Ooooohhhhh Carters so chubby, I want to bite him!:)

Erin-lou said...

I'm sure that little squirrel didn't even mind burning his hands off for some double chocolate brownies. Heck I don't him. Also, why do men feel the need to put defensless infants into danger for entertainment purposes? Tyrell is such a cute dad, its a good thing Carter has no clue he is seconds from being dropped on his head:)

Erin-lou said...

I ment to say I don't blame the little squirrel. Its terrible that I dont proof read till its too late. Call me when you get into town!

Jessie Lewis said...

Look at that little chunk! I can't wait to see him. I'm thinking of making a trip to SJ, but I still haven't decided if I want to make that trip again with Maddie. Are you headed to SJ right when you get in town?

Heather said...

That is awesome that made me laugh about the squirrels. carter is so dang cute. Welcome to the chubby baby club.

Clint and Tiffany said...

What a chunk! He's too cute and is ALL Smith! Here's a tip we just learned the hard way for Easter in a few years... throw all the candy away before the kid eats it. Now I totally see why my mom put nuts and popcorn in a lot of our eggs!! Holy Sugar Buzz Batman! We've been so busy with foster care and refinance stuff that I haven't had a spare anything online so this is the first chance I've had in months to look at blogs. I have to say that I genuinely enjoy reading the goings on of the Smith family and your family pictures are beautiful! Love and Miss!!

Andy and Michele said...

You need to write some childrens' books! You've got such great talent for story-telling! The nerve of that little squirrel. I can't believe Carter, he's SO CUTE (oh, and balances so well!) You guys coming to Pima anytime soon?

Lindy said...

You are officially hilarious. Well, you have been for a while. On behalf of all innocent squirrels, however, Skibbles and Nubblies (mine and Kelly's favorite squirrels from Wymount), would like to apologize for the behavior of the rodent gone bad. Don't be too hard on the poor guy. Chocolate is hard to resist.

Also, since I am stating what is official, let me also state for the record that I officially hate you. I know that is terrible thing to say to a best friend, but how do you look so dang good post-partum??? Okay, okay, I don't hate you. I'm just a little jealous that's all.